Spring is the time most associated with weddings, and although it is still several months away, planning in advance is important. Spring wedding trends often reflect the beauty of the season and are seen in pastel color schemes, bountiful blooms, and fairytale gowns. Here are a few things we can expect to see as a trend for spring weddings this year:
- Metallics – although pastels will always be the classic springtime color palette, this year you can expect to see metallics make their way into everything from bridal accessories to venue decor. The metallic hue projected to reign supreme this year? Rose gold.
- Romantic Ambience – this spring expect weddings to give off a vintage and romantic vibe. According to bridalguide.com, event designers say they’re using more pendant lights with bare “Edison” bulbs, vintage chandeliers, and candelabras to cast a soft glow.
- Intimate Seating – another rising trend finds couples moving away from seating their reception guests at traditional round tables, instead opting for long, rectangular tables that offer a more intimate, family-like atmosphere.
- Free-form Florals – typical spring bouquets and centerpieces feature pretty petals of cream-colored hydrangeas, pink peonies, or blush roses accented with baby’s breath. This year, expect spring wedding flowers to look a little wilder. Bouquets and centerpieces will use funkier blooms in more than one color (expect lots of green!), accented with interesting details like vines or fiddlehead ferns.
At Superior Sewing, we know we’re not alone in wondering what the spring trend for wedding dresses will be this year! We can’t wait to see what gowns brides will be bringing through our doors. A few projected dress trends are:
- Floral Appliques – we expect to see lots of gowns with pretty 3D floral appliques this year.
- Long Sleeves – long, lacy and sheer sleeves are still in vogue! We expect to see more of these classic, vintage-inspired gowns.
- A-line Silhouette – This is expected to be the silhouette this spring. We’ll likely even see it on some knee and tea-length gowns!
- Feathers – for the daring bride! Feathers will make an appearance on some fun gowns this year in the form of feather skirts and feather accessories.
When you find the dress of your dreams, don’t delay in bringing it to Superior Sewing! When it comes to alterations, time is crucial and you’ll want to book your appointment right away. We will discuss what needs to be done and establish a timeline to make sure your gown will be perfect in time for your big day. Spring is a busy time for weddings, so spots are going fast. Set up your appointment by calling 563-323-4672 today!